Only one now

We have a pair of geese that have been wandering around, and the female has laid her eggs in a pile of branches in our lot next door. We have watched them for about a week . The pile of branches is next to a tree where we keep a bird feeder. I have gone out with a bucket of seed and the male will come and eat out of the bucket while I hold it. I think they are Egyptian geese. We have watched them for about a week now. This morning, however, the male is nowhere to be found. I'm concerned for the female and her eggs . What should I do , if anything?

Yavapai County Arizona

Dear Client,

If they are not your geese, I would leave them be. It sounds as if they are domestic geese that strayed from home. In my experience, it is usually best to let nature take its course with nesting birds. If you have additional questions, you can address the directly to me at jschalau@ag.arizona.edu. Also, if you contact me, please let me know where you are located.

Regards,