Infected trees

I have five trees. I believe they are ash trees, but not sure. The bark is pealing completely off these trees. See pictures below. I noticed tiny pin point holes in the tree which could be from an insect that is causing the bark to peal. Can you identify my problem? Will this spread to my other trees?

Baltimore County Maryland ash trees trees

This looks like ash trees and damage from woodpecker feeding. Many ashes in Maryland are becoming infested with the invasive emerald ash borer (EAB). The EAB larvae that feed on the nutrient transporting layers under the bark are a good food source for birds such as woodpeckers. This woodpecker impact is being seen and reported more and more frequently. Take a look at our information on emerald ash borer for signs and symptoms. The D shaped exit hole is a sign of the borer. http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/invasives/emerald-ash-borer

Emerald ash borer is a non-native invasive insect which has killed many millions of ash trees in the U.S. They are lethal to ashes unless pesticides are applied to trees in the early stages of an infestation. Unless these are extremely valuable ash trees and are in good health with no more than than 30% dieback, we recommend removal and replanting with another native species of tree.