It sounds like you have a plan, do you have a specific question for us? Our Marion County Master Gardeners will be a good sounding board if looking for ideas.
Oregon State University Extension Service, Marion County
1320 Capitol St NE, Suite 110
Salem, Oregon 97301
Hours of Operations:
Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Yes I was wondering where to get organic soil and fertilizer?
How to compost?
What flowers/plants attract butterflies and bees?
What vegetables would grow well with those flowers and plants?
As was previously suggested, the Marion County Master Gardener office should be an excellent resource for you.
In the meantime, here are several resources to consider:
- Gardening for Butterflies, a book: https://xerces.org/books-butterfly-gardening/
- Gardening for Butterflies, another book, this one from Timber Press.
- Inviting Butterflies into Your Garden, a pdf from the National Garden Club to download: http://gardenclub.org/resources/projects/ngc-inviting-butterflies-into-your-garden.pdf
- Various brochures about bees and butterflies from Xerces to download: https://xerces.org/brochures/
- Pollinator Plants - Maritime Northwest (a pdf to download): http://www.xerces.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2017-048_MaritimeNorthwestPlantList_Dec2017_web-4page.pdf
Good luck and enjoy your garden!