How to revive my seemingly dying flower garden?

I planted some flowers into my garden outside, which i removed from flower pots. They bloomed quickly in one week and I was very excited. Now, entering week two, they don't look as healthy and seem to me as if they're dying. Petals are falling from some of them, and others of them just look droopy sick to me... As for my yard, the entire yard is in the sun for a majority of the day, but the garden area of the yard is shaded until later in the afternoon. Therefore the flowers are only in the sun for about 3 hours or so a day. I've been watering them every other day. The entire garden is lillies, except some cosmo seeds which are planted in an outdoor flower pot, which haven't really shown themselves yet (I'm not as concerned with those at this time). Is there anything I can do for these beautiful flowers to regain and retain their beauty? Should I expect them to get more sun and prosper as we get into the Summer? Do i need to uproot the whole thing and replant them somewhere with more sun?? I have not a clue. I've never had a garden before but I've been wanting to do this for a while... Please help :)

Anne Arundel County Maryland abiotic issues flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

We are so glad you found us and are happy to help you!
Flowers are gorgeous and fun to grow, but they are not all the same.
Most, but not all need 6-8 hours of full sun to do their best.
Additionally, they are generally divided by whether they are "annuals", which only grow for one season and then are killed by frost (though some can re-seed themselves so you have some the following year). Annuals put on a full, colorful show all season long until it gets too cold.
"Perennials" are flowering plants that return each year to grow and bloom again.
They are lovely too, but they only bloom for a few weeks each year, and then set seed, and some even go dormant and disappear until the following growing season. The lilies you have there are perennial (that grow from a bulb) and will only flower for a few weeks. There is nothing you can do to make them live longer. When petals begin to fall you can trim the stem of the spent flower, which neatens things up a bit and stops the plant from putting energy into trying to make seed.

Enjoy them for as long as they are pretty and after they bloom, transplant them to a sunnier part of the yard to come again next year. Be sure that the soil is well draining. A wet area will rot the bulbs.

If you want color in that bed, it will be best to look for flowering annuals, or other plants with bright leaf color. Some possibilities include Coleus, Wax Begonias, Angelwing or Dragonwing Begonias, Caladium, Polka-dot plant (Hypoestes), Torenia and others. Go to a garden center and see what appeals to you, being sure to read labels. We don't recommend the old standard Impatiens as there is now an incurable disease these plants get.
Take a look at this page about flowers from our website. The highlighted links have a good deal of information that you can use for future reference: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/plants/ornamental-plants

Oh wow!! Thank you so much, very informative and extremely helpful! I'm not so sad anymore now that I have this understanding, thank you :)

I have another question in response to your reply if it's okay: when I remove the lillies and replace them with some annuals that grow well in the more shaded area, as some you have suggested... I notice that some of these say not to cover the seed, but to just press them into the soil. So my question is, considering that I already have a good amount of mulch on the surface, should I remove the mulch and not use mulch with these? Or simply, what is it that I should do...??

Yes, in the areas where you want to direct sow seeds, you will have to pull away the mulch so that the seeds can make direct contact with the soil. As your annual flowers grow, you can replace mulch around them, but don't place the mulch directly touching the stems.

ckc