What is This?

I've found a small, flowering vine with three leaves and an odd looking (to me anyway :) ) flower. It's currently growing under the fence from my neighbor's yard, and my husband is highly sensitive to poison ivy. Can you identify it? Picture is attached. Thank you

Baltimore County Maryland invasive weeds invasives indian strawberry barren strawberry

This is Indian strawberry, not a true strawberry at all but similar in its growth habit to strawberry. (Real strawberries have white blooms.) Indian strawberry (as in India, not native Americans) is a non-native invasive plant, meaning it gets into natural and park areas and out-competes native plants that wildlife need to survive.

This weed produces a strawberry-like fruit covered with seeds. It is not edible.
Pull it immediately and do not let the long runners start new plants. They root wherever they touch soil. They can grow many feet long over one summer and start many new plants--plus the berry seeds also spread it. If you spy a berry, pick it and throw it in the trash even if you can't pull the weed right away.

The good news is that they are easy to pull. Click here for tips: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/indian-mock-strawberry