Pond algae

I live in Jericho and have a small pond on my property which has a full coat of this lime green growth. The pond is fed by spring and from our neighbor’s pond however their pond doesn’t have any of this growth. I’ve attached a couple images which I hope will help you identify what this is. If so, what can be done to get rid of this (without chemicals or anything that could harm the wildlife that use it)? Thank you in advance for your help.

Chittenden County Vermont pond management pond and water gardens

It looks like all algae, but you might want to look into whether it's watermeal as well. Watermeal will feel like corn grits when rubbed between your fingers. For algae, you need to figure out what is the source of nitrogen or phosphorus. That's what's fueling the algae. It could be landscape fertilization, failing septic systems, feeding too many fish, or others? Chemicals like copper sulfate or the Green Clean type products are a Band-Aid. Long term solutions involve managing the nutrients.