Wisteria doesn't flower

I have run out of luck trying for 15 years to get my wisteria to flower. All I get from my pruning efforts is leaves and runners. Can you help? Thanks, Sid

Oregon wisteria

Thanks for your question. You haven't indicated which wisteria you have. In my research care needs are different by variety. Some articles mention that a vine grown from seed could take 20 years to flower! Wisteria belongs to the genus of flowering plants in the legume family. Feed with a low nitrogen fertilizer no more than once a year. Plant will grow in part shade but may not flower

According to the American Horticultural Society's Pruning & Training (edited by Christopher Brickell; DK Publishing, 1996), the times to prune are midwinter and again in summer, about 2 months after flowering. With an established wisteria, the goal of regular pruning is "to control extension growth and to encourage the production of lateral flowering spurs. The current season's shoots are cut back in two stages to within two or three buds of their base. These will bear the coming season's flowers. Growth and flower buds are easily distinguished in late winter, the former being narrow and pointed, the latter plump and blunt."

Here is a good article from Oregon State University covering wisteria care. http://extension.oregonstate.edu/gardening/2017/10/wisteria-care-get-out-your-clippers-twice-year-an...