Hi my leokothoes are sick and instead of digging them out and putting in new plants i would lije to

What fungucide or other treatment should I try? On ground or on leaves?

Montgomery County Maryland leaf spot leucothoe shrub

There are several cultivars of Leucothoe and they can be prone to fungal leaf spots. Fungicides are preventative and will not cure existing leaf spots. It is up to you if you want to spray with fungicides. You can try spraying with a fungicide in spring just after the new leaves appear. We recommend cultural control instead of a fungicide.

The plant needs careful siting in the shade, uniform moisture, and good drainage.This plant prefers partial to full shade but will grow in full sun if not too dry. It can be rejuvenated by pruning after flowering.

Leaf spots result in the dropping of leaves and possible dieback. Remove any leaves that fall to the ground. Make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and keep away from the base of the stem. Water around the base of the plant and no overhead watering.
Monitor the growth of the plant this season. You will have to decide if you can manage the leaf spots or remove and select another species of plant for the location.

Thanks very much! Ice moved the plants to a shadier location and applied a fungicide. Surface drainage in my yard is a real problem plus low water table and I’ve installed several underground drains. We’ll see how the plants do in the new location. Thank you again. Julie