lacto fermented pickles sold under farm direct bill recipes

Hi, I am planning to produce lacto fermented pickles for sale at my local farmers market. I have perused the "allowed recipes" and none are actually lacto fermented recipes as they all contain vinegar, which is not used in lacto fermented pickles. The ph of 4.6 or lower is achieved through a salt water brine and appropriate temperature/time. Where can I find an approved recipe for lacto fermented pickles/vegetables? Thanks!

Josephine County Oregon food safety home food preservation farmers markets

Hi,
Under Oregon's Farm Direct Law lacto-fermented products are not required to follow an approved recipe. They do need to be made in a clean, healthful, and sanitary manner and the finished pH should be 4.6 or lower. You are not required to pH test lacto-fermented products but it is the best way to ensure they are at 4.6 or below.
Only acidified products that use vinegar or another acid need to follow an approved recipe and process. You should also be aware that animal products are not allowed in any of the value-added items allowed under the farm direct licensing exemption. This includes eggs, dairy, meats, as well as fish sauce in kim chi. You can find more details about what is allowed for producer processed products under the farm direct law in this publication: http://smallfarms.oregonstate.edu/sites/default/files/small-farms-tech-report/farmdirect_producerpro...