Hardy Kiwifruit in Central Oregon?

Will hardy kiwifruit survive and bear fruit in Central Oregon? Elevation is approximately 4200 feet in the area near Sunriver. Thank you

Deschutes County Oregon

Thank you for your question. I think hardy kiwi could be hit or miss. I found the following in OSU publication "Growing berries, fruit trees, roses and native plants in Central Oregon"

Fruit Trees:
The apple tree is the most reliable fruiting tree in Central Oregon, followed by hardy Asian pear, European pear, plum, and sour cherry. You can also try peach, apricot, sweet cherry, hardy kiwi, and some kinds of nuts, but these trees may not bear consistently. To increase fruit production, consider pollination requirements of plants before purchasing, and to prevent killing bees or other pollinators, do not spray insecticides during bloom.

Also, Penn State has some information about growing hardy kiwi, which I think will be valuable to you. Here is that link. https://extension.psu.edu/hardy-kiwi-in-the-home-fruit-planting

Good luck!