Where to get bulk lime for my yard?

I recently brought in a soil sample from my yard which was sent off for a soil test. The results came in and it recommends for my 2 acre yard about 3 ton of lime on the first application. There is no way I can afford to buy this much lime at a feed store or such by the bag. Do you have a recommendation for the best way to buy bulk lime and also the best way to spread it(especially for powdered/pulverized)?

Lawrence County Kentucky agriculture soil test recommendations lawrence county kentucky

Ok. So your best option would be to either hire someone to spread the lime for you. Or, the Soil Conservation office has a lime spreader that you can rent and you can spread your own. Depending on what kind of equipment you have. If you don't have the equipment, it would be best to hire someone to spread it for you. Rick Bowling is the only person I know of that spreads lime. his number is 606-928-9379. Or if you are interested in renting the lime spreader from soil conservation their number is 606-673-3800. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you very much for the response. I'll contact Rick to see about spreading the lime. Not sure if he will be able to since he probably does farm fields and such. I'm applying it to my yard and it would have to be fairly controlled to prevent from it getting on the house. As for where to get bulk lime, do you have a recommendation on that(powdered or pelletized)?

About the only place to go locally is in Carter County. 606-474-5836. AA Limestone.