Larvae/grub identification

I found these creatures in my garden bed today when I weeded it out. Can anybody tell me what they are and what kind of plants they might damage? Or if they are benign to a vegetable garden?

Baltimore County Maryland insect identification vegetable garden grubs wire worms

Left photo - There are many types of white grubs that may be in your soil such as Japanese beetles, masked chafers, June beetles, etc. We cannot identify to species. Grubs are generally creamy colored with brown heads. Usually vegetables and plants replenish their roots pretty quickly and grubs are not much of a problem. No chemical control is necessary. You can expose them to the birds or drop in a bucket of soapy water.

Right photo - This looks like the larvae (wireworms) of a click beetle (the adult). See our pest profile for management information. You did not mention what crops you are growing. Till the garden soil prior to planting in spring to kill and disrupt larvae. http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/wireworms-and-maggots-vegetables