applying chemicals in what order

I have a great deal of possibly clump grass in my flower beds plan to use Roundup. I also have a large number of bulbs to plant. I also need to apply a treatment for disease, then feed all the plants that are already coming up. What would be the best order to apply each chemical

Virginia Beach Virginia herbicides weed management

If you have plants already coming up in your beds Roundup would damage them as well. You may want to use a grass only herbicide like Fusilade or Poast or Ornamec. If its annual bluegrass in your beds that will be dying as temperatures warm up though. I would recommend bringing a sample of the grass to your extension office on the second floor of Building 14 in the Virginia Beach Municipal complex on Princess Anne Road. You can also pick up a soil test kit to see what nutrients you need to fertilize the bulbs and other plants you want to grow.

Their office number is 385-4769.