Testing for dangerous fungus or contaminates in imported plywood

Asked April 25, 2018, 11:26 AM EDT

I have been referred to you by the USDA. I have a close friend that has experienced sever reactions after working with the same wood product several times. His helper also suffered the same reactions initially, but eventually recovered. My friend continues to be treated for these symptoms by a variety of doctors, but no one has tested the wood veneer they worked with originally. I have a sample of this product and would like to have it tested to see if this could be causing his symptoms. I have been unable to find the correct agency or lab to do this. Thank you, Robert

Clark County Nevada

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.