Is there an egg withdrawal period for Premetherin dust?

Hi,

I have 8 "ladies" - chickens - ranging from 41-53 weeks in age. All are laying. Recently (about a month ago) I noticed what I have now determined to be Northern Fowl Mites, mainly on the younger birds. I did some research and decided to treat with Premethrin (Gordons Poultry Dusting Powder, from my local TSC). I did some research, and spoke to an expert on here - and was told that there is no egg withdrawal period, but just to wash the eggs thoroughly. All this time I have been eating them, selling them, and giving them away to friends and family. I recently ran across some information that contradicts this believe. I am confused and don't know what to do. I'm hoping the poultry experts in MI can chime in and point me in the right direction here. Are the eggs still safe to eat? Is there a withdrawal period? And if so, how long? Sorry to ramble, just very concerned. Many many thanks for your help, in advance! Jennifer, MI and "The Ladies."

Oakland County Michigan poultry

Good morning Jennifer,

I would agree that a withdrawal period would be a good idea. You could easily do a 30 day withdrawal period. With that being said, if you are thoroughly washing the eggs I would have no problem with consumption of those eggs.

I know it is not the definitive answer you may have being seeking, but always better to error on the side of caution and go ahead and have a 30 day withdrawal period.