when to transplant bee balm

I have a bee balm plant growing in the ground and I want to transplant it into an urn. Can I do the now, in late April, or should I wait until early September? This is the second year that the plant has been growing in the ground. When is the best time to transplant?

Charles County Maryland flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials perennials beebalm transplanting beebalm transplanting bee balm when to transplant

Early spring is the best time, provided you can supplement rainfall when necessary over the summer. Otherwise, transplant in the fall.

April is a great month to transplant, normally. This has been a cold spring, but things are warming up enough that transplanting should be fine.