apartment move- in

Asked April 18, 2018, 1:06 PM EDT

I'm wanting to move into an apartment. Birth certificate is lost; having trouble obtaining duplicate. Assistant manager says, you can have a self- affidavit. Don't know anything about it, don't know if it needs to be signed, notarized etc.

Cumberland County North Carolina

1 Response


I would recommend contacting the Cumberland County Register of Deeds office. They can be reached by calling (910) 678-7775. You can also visit their website at

The following is the form that is needed in order to obtain a birth certificate: http://www.ccrod.org/vital_records/CounterRequestForms.pdf

Thank you for contacting Cumberland County Cooperative Extension.