Planning to start a "mix-use" garden in my backyard need advice on where to begin.

Hello, I would like to start a mix-use garden in my approximately 2600 sqft backyard garden--one where I can raise vegetables and herbs, and also a place for relaxation & entertainment. I'd like to request for information on where to begin in designing a sustainable and environmentally sensitive garden. Perhaps resources, expert gardeners who can guide me through the process...any support would be helpful! Thank you.

Prince George's County Maryland miscellaneous landscape plans how to develop landscape plans

You are wise to start with a plan. Thinking through ahead of time how you want to use your space, views you want to capture or block, how shade will fall at different times of day and year, and other factors, will lead to years of pleasure.

Here are our web pages with lots of information to walk you through developing your landscape plan: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/earth-friendly-landscaping

We can also answer any questions that come up as you go along.
When you are ready to select plants, we can also give you ideas or help you make decisions.
Enjoy!