Dividing perrenials and sharing them

I’m new to gardening so I don’t know if this is a plausible idea or not. I have a ton a day lilies, tulips, jonquils bluebells and peonies in my gardens that need to be divided. I was wondering if there is any problem with organizing some kind of flower exchange army church. I realize that some flowers need to be divided at different times, but I believe many bulb plants can be kept in a cellar without dying. Do you know of any resource that would help me learn when to divide and what needs to be replanted right away? Also, am I missing something (threat of spreading invasive species, etc.)? I appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Maryland invasive plants invasives dividing perennials flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials dividing peonies dividing bluebells bluebells sharing perennials and bulbs dividing bulbs

None of these are invasive, but the day lilies should not use planted in natural areas or near parkland or waterways, as they can spread and become invasive. They can really be divided any time, though no plant likes to be disturbed during hot dry weather. Spring and fall are the best times to divide and transplant.

You can easily search 'when to divide....' on the web for individual species. A good book on perennials is "The Well-Tended Perennial Garden". We also have information on our website, with several good links: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/flowers/perennials You can use our search box, too.

Peonies should be divided in the fall, and since that is the normal time to plant bulbs, perhaps you should consider sharing plants with your church then. Only the bulbs would survive sitting around all summer before being planted.

Bluebells are a valuable native and you are fortunate to have so many you want to divide them. Be careful. They also should be divided in the fall. Are you positive they are bluebells?

Since you are new to gardening. keep in mind that we are happy to id any plants you find. You can attach photos to a question. (Photos of diseases or pests, too!)
Happy gardening.

Thank you!