How to Treat a lawn for ground bees

Hi, I would like to know a effective and safe treatment method to get rid of ground bees that are beginning to infest my lawn. I recognize the benefit of bees in our environment but I have a dog and we use this area of our lawn and it's now a hazard. The problem stems I think from my next door neighbor. His lawn is infested with thousands of small ant-hill like structures. He's had this problem for years but this year, his lawn has exploded and spread to my lawn. Please advise. Thank you

Montgomery County Maryland

Ground bees are virtually harmless. The males have no stinger. The females are built to sting other insects. Your dog is not in danger.
Ground bees are also only active for a short period each year.

The best way to discourage ground bees is to overseed and thicken your lawn in the early fall and fertilize annually. Thin lawns attract these bees.

The University of MD is currently studying ground bees and would be delighted to visit and give you (and your neighbor) advice about them. You can reach the researcher, Lindsay Barranco at lbarranc@umd.edu

Thank you so much for your timely response. I will definitely reach out to Lindsay and hopefully she can visit my neighborhood for further advice.

Best,
Ruthann