Money Tree Sap

I've had a money tree (Pachira aquatica) for about three years and it's growing nicely. It gets plenty of light and I water consistently (once a week). However, it has developed small, clear, sticky, gelatinous droplets on the stems and leaves. I've done some research and came across pearl glands on similar plants, but have been hesitant to diagnose it. Are these pearl glands? If so, are they unhealthy for the plant? What should I do about them?

Baltimore County Maryland houseplants pachira aquatica money tree money tree sap money tree guttation guttation

We do not find any information about pearl glands on money plant. It's more likely that these are drops of excess water that the plant is excreting. This is a plant coping process known as guttation.

It may mean that you are overwatering. Although money plant likes moist soil, it is possible to overwater it. Let the top inch or so of soil dry out between watering. Keep in mind that plants do not grow as actively in the winter--if at all-- and thus do not need as much water. Watering should be adjusted accordingly.