Where to buy a calf.

Hi I would like to ask where you can buy a calf? It will be raised as a pet only. We have 3 acres in Verona. I really don't want to go to sales or auctions. We would need it delivered too as we are just starting out and don't have a trailer. We built a run in shelter and all is fenced in. Plan on grass fed I just hope u can steer us to something. We are leaning towards maybe Holstein or Guernsey but will also do angus. Thanks for your time

Boone County Kentucky beef cattle agriculture boone county kentucky

Hello, there are several producers in the area that could sell you a calf and could possible deliver it to your farm. There are some things to consider before purchasing the calf (age, breed, feed requirements, etc) that I would be happy to discuss with you to make this a successful experience. If you would like to call the office, the number is 859-586-6101 or email me at mmsimo2@uky.edu.

Thanks!