Brown recluse bite

On Tuesday at about 4pm i was bitten by a spider, pretty sure a brown recluse. It gotme on my thumb. Felt like a pin prick and had slight pain, but nothing major. At about 11:30pm, I was awaken by intense pain in my arm. Wednesday morning I went to the Dr. They gave me an antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine. Told me to ice my arm and try to keep an elevated. It has been 3days and I still have intense pain, swelling and my joints are stiff. How long should I expect these symptoms last? Will it cause permanent nerve or joint pain?Should i be concerned about seeing the Dr again? Thank you.

San Bernardino County California

I can not help you much with medical symptoms. Individual responses to spider bites can be variable so without having any medical training myself, I can not really give you an informed answer.

If symptoms have become worse after following what your doctor told you, then I would think that the doctor would want to know that.