Soil sampling in Mount Airy MD

Asked April 5, 2018, 6:23 AM EDT

Hello! I am trying to start a vegetable garden this year. Until now I have been container gardening. I am wondering how to go about getting and extensive soil testing done (standard testing as well as heavy metals lead and arsenic). I also would like to test my well water I will use to water the garden. Where would you recommend I go to get the testing done? Thank you!

Carroll County Maryland

3 Responses

Here is our soil testing page and all the info you need to get it professionally done:
You will see a list of regional labs from which to choose, and it is listed if they include heavy metals.
For water testing, check with your county environmental health dept. to see if they do water testing. If not, they can give you the names of independent testing companies.

Here is our vegetable page which should be very helpful in getting you started, and we are here all season to answer your questions:


Thanks so much!