Caring for Fruit Trees

I moved into a new house last year and found out that I have two peach trees and one apple tree in my backyard. I've never had fruit trees, so I do not know anything about caring for them. Last year, the fruit never quite got to the size you would see at the grocery store and then they suddenly started 'oozing' some gel-like substance and then the fruit died. What do I need to do to have better luck this year?

Garrard County Kentucky tree health agriculture garrard county kentucky

I usually recommend for a homeowner is to get a bottle of fruit tree spray at Walmart or Lowe's and follow the label recommendations. There are certain times of the year to spray that are critical to disease control. Also I can send you a publication on fruit trees if I had an address or you can come by the Extension office and I can give you one.

Thank you for your reply, I would be very appreciative if you could mail me any information you have. Here is my address:
Benjamin Davis
2408 Fork Church Road
Lancaster, KY 40444

Thank you again for your help with this!