I have a year old sunroom built on a shallow foundation. I noticed that it...

I have a year old sunroom built on a shallow foundation. I noticed that it looks like something is digging a hole under it, and at first I thought I would just add rock underneath. But then I began to wonder if there is something living under there. Do you have a suggestion on how to figure out what is going on and what I can do about it? I am attaching a photo....

Cuyahoga County Ohio wildlife identification hole

A critter problem! You are correct that identifying the animal is the first step to finding a more-permanent solution to the digging. Your options here are to observe, self trap, or enlist a licensed trapper.

Observe in the morning before and at dawn and observe in the evening at dusk. Try to observe at times when its the most still and quiet, usually dawn and dusk. If you can catch a glimpse this can help ID the animal.

Wire drop-door traps, or live traps, are effective at trapping any of these species and are readily available for purchase at local hardware or farm stores. Some traps may also be available to borrow from animal control departments or possibly a county conservation board. Its good to contact you local animal control too because they can tell you if they would pick up an animal once it is trapped, so call and see what your municipality has to offer.

Lastly, you can enlist the help of a licensed trapper. Attached is a list by county.
I hope this helps give you a couple options, let me know if you have any other questions.