mapletree itis

Asked March 26, 2018, 11:13 AM EDT

I have Maple Trees in my backyard for a few years now the branches on some have a white spotty layer this then kills branch I have gone to my local garden place in which they recommended this powder I sprinkle around the base this did not help What do you think is causing this issue? what do you suggest as to how can I fix this?
I appreciate any input you have on this I absolutely love my maples they are taking a beating

Calhoun County Michigan maple trees

Without seeing the white spots you are talking about, it is hard to give any informed information. Depending on the size and look it could be a scale problem or a fungal problem which would require different approaches to correcting the issue. You might want to consider sending a sample to the diagnostics lab on campus ( website for information is: https://pestid.msu.edu/ ) or you can contact the Jackson county office to see about taking a sample for diagnostics over to them. (Jackson County Info: 1715 Lansing Ave., Suite 257
Jackson, MI 49202 Email:msue.jackson@county.msu.edu Phone:517-788-4292) If you can get a good clear picture to send it might be possible to determine the problem from that.