Help me identify this pretty plant!

I bought this green and yellow "mystery"plant last Spring at a local garden center. Can anyone name it, please? Should have included this information. Stems are red, 24-25 inches long, with alternate 1to 1 1/2" x 1/4" green and yellow leaves followed by 1/8" opposite round petal like structures with red stamen-like centers. These centers mature into a tiny gray capsule with a small black seed inside. We are going to plant some of the seeds with the hope they are fertile and we can follow the growth pattern. Am hoping someone has seen these plants before and has information to share. Thanks! Lisa

St. Louis County Minnesota

The best I can do is to suggest it might be a euphorbia or a vinca vine. Ground covers can be attractive houseplants.

It is not a Vinca vine, I was told this is an inside plant, Thank you very much for helping me with this. I am looking at the euphorbia plants. This one doesn't seem to go straight up it branches out and down over the side.

Thank you

Lisa Robison

Evelyn Locke,

Thank you for your help, This plant is a Red stemmed Variegated Euphorbia!
Very interesting plant I am going to grow more from the seeds for the plant sale.

Lisa SLC EMG.

Happy you found it, you might look at this euphorbia too. http://gwynnesgreenhouse.com/whats-blooming/april/euphorbia-x-martinii-ascot-rainbow/ Vinca can make an attractive, durable houseplant as well as a be a favorite bedding plant outside.