regarding a 1970 loan

Asked March 21, 2018, 3:40 PM EDT

Is it possible to get a copy or verification of a loan that my widowed-mother got through the FHA back in 1969 or 1970? She got a loan of 14 to 15 thousand dollars to build her house after my father passed away. (1966) My mother passed away in 2015; my brother and I sold her house last year. For capital gains tax purposes, we need verification of how much the loan was back then. We found no paperwork about the loan in her things. Because I procrastinated collecting what we'd be needing at this tax time, I will be filing for extension if necessary. Getting this information will help us tremendously, and I appreciate anything, if possible, you can do. Sincerely, Donna J Tillery Manuel

Linn County Oregon

1 Response

Hello there and thank you for submitting your question to Ask an Expert - a FREE service of Oregon State University Extension.

The US Department of Housing and Urban Development oversees the FHA program. They do have a field office in Portland. I would start there and see what you can find out.

HUD Office of the Field Office Director
Serving the State of Oregon
Please contact us if you have questions about HUD in Oregon.

Customer Service
Phone: (971) 222-2600
Fax: (971) 222-0357

I hope you find what you need. Take care!