Wet mud under deck

There's some wet mud around the year in the backyard under my deck - this seems to linger since it hardly gets any sun. Any suggestions for how I can remedy this situation in an inexpensive way? The mulch I added about a year ago didn't seem to help.

Howard County Maryland soil grading poor drainage

You will have to look at the grading under the deck. You may need to grade so that the soil slopes away from the house. Once the drainage issue is solved, you can mulch with no more than several inches in the area and keep the mulch about 18 inches from the foundation. Another option is to lay landscape fabric and hold down with landscape pins.

If you need more information, you may need to hire a professional landscaper for a site visit and the best way to proceed. You can also try contacting Soil Conservation in your county for more information https://www.howardscd.org/

Thank you so much for your time and consideration for your reply.