Name of plant

Asked March 11, 2018, 10:25 AM EDT

Received this plant at my mother's funeral. Would like to know the name of this plant and how to care for it so it flourishes and gross beautiful. Thank you Gary.

Scott County Minnesota plant identification indoor plants radermachera sinica

Thank you for the question. I checked with my colleagues as to the identity of your plant. One person suggested that it is Radermachera sinica, more commonly called China Doll plant. It is a broad-leaved evergreen tree native to China and Taiwan. It is not hardy outdoors in our winters but does well as a house plant. It would probably enjoy being outdoors in a protected spot during the summer. Keep the soil evenly moist, but not wet, and provide bright, indirect light, such as sunlight filtered through curtains. Day temperatures around 75 and night temperatures around 65 are ideal. Read more about it and the finer points of this plant's needs here: http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=277931&isprof...;

Thank you for contacting Extension.