I was thinking of putting up some mosquito netting up around my patio this...

I was thinking of putting up some mosquito netting up around my patio this year as I am always a tasty treat to the local mosquito population. As I was doing my research I noticed that most resources offer a regular mosquito netting and a mosquito netting that is fine enough to keep out "NO-SEE-UMS" I know that this particular brand of nasties is usually found around lakes and ponds and in warmer climates south. I googled if they were found in Warren County/Clearcreek Twnshp but I was unable to find an answer. I could swear that we have "NO-SEE-UMS" here as I SEE UM trying to bite me! (very small and black). Would you be able to answer this question for me? Is what I am seeing just small regular mosquitos or "NO-SEE-UMS"? Curiously and Appreciatively Chris

Warren County Ohio mosquito control

Chris,
We do have no-see-ums in Warren County. Moist areas, high grass, weedy areas, woods, etc. can serve as a perfect spot for them in your landscape. It is possible that they are the culprit. Where are you getting bit (face, ankles, etc.) because it could also be something else. Email me back direct at meyer.213@osu.edu.

Greg