Pls help what kind of bug do I have

I have been killing these bugs by the hand full. They have wings and a hard shell. I live in Ottawa Canada. I have never seen anything like this....
Are they harmful and what can I do to get rid of them...
Thanks in advance for aĺl your help
Darrin Best

Outside United States insect identification beetle identification

Dear Client,

Unfortunately, I can not make out the features of the insect that I need to make a diagnosis. I know that the insect is a small beetle. It might be a drugstore beetle, Stegobium paniceum, based on the "humpbacked" appearance. Nevertheless, the are a lot beetles with this overall appearance in this beetle family-- Ptinidae. Your best solution would be to find the source of the beetles and get rid of it.

Some of the beetles in this family are harmful and others most are just a nuisance because they are inside the home. You could try to find the source of these beetles inside the home. There are two scenarios that you will need to rule out.

Wood boring insect infestations. There are a number of beetles including the furniture beetle that bore within wooden structures as grubs and then emerge as beetles through small holes on the surface of the wood. First if you are burning firewood for heat, the firewood itself can be the source of these beetles. Look for any raw wood beams, structures or any wooden structure that has not been painted or varnished over. Pay particular attention to any wooden furniture that you have brought into the home since you started seeing the beetles. Look for small exit holes in the wood surface. These holes would match the diameter of this beetle. Beneath these holes, you are likely to find sawdust.

http://pestsense.cahnrs.wsu.edu/Search/MainMenuWithFactSheet.aspx?CategoryId=4&ProblemId=845

The second scenario is that these beetles are infesting something in the pantry. The drugstore beetle and its immature grubs feed a number dried plant products.

http://pestsense.cahnrs.wsu.edu/Search/MainMenuWithFactSheet.aspx?CategoryId=1&ProblemId=815

I hope this helps! Good luck.