Fair price to lease 24 acres in Bullitt County to soybean growers

I realize that you cannot recommend what price to ask for leasing land for raising soybeans, but hope that you can provide a price range. We have 24 acres owned by 6 different heirs, and the land is currently listed with an agent for sale. In the meantime, we need to lease the land in order to pay taxes and insurance. We have been leasing it for years to a soybean farmer, but for what I consider much less than what it is worth. There must be a range of prices per acre that is fair and that is what we need help with. We would at least like to have names of growers that might be interested,and make an offer to rent the 24 tillable acres. It is located at Crumbacker Lane and Bates Lane, just off Zoneton Road, Bullit County. Thanks!

Bullitt County Kentucky agriculture land lease bullitt county kentucky

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the Bullitt County Extension Office for assistance. I have included the contact information below.

Darold J Akridge
Extension Agent
Bullitt Cooperative Extension Office
384 Halls Lane
Shepherdsville
KY
40165
(502) 543-2257