I've had an infestation of spider mites in my landscaping and garden for...

I've had an infestation of spider mites in my landscaping and garden for several years now and nothing I do is giving me any long term relief. My neighbors are experiencing the problem in their vegetable gardens as well, especially on their tomato plants. I had been buying predatory mites which helped, but did nor eradicate the spider mites. Last year I sprayed the plants with water every bother day which seemed to keep them under control. What would you recommend that I do to get rid of the spider mites?

Cuyahoga County Ohio spider mites

You are already doing what is recommended; your goal of complete eradication may not be possible without resorting to powerful chemical controls. Here's more information on prevention and control, step by step up to actual application of miticides.

Spider Mites and Their Control, https://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/HYG-2012-11

You must decide what your comfort level is for mite infestation. Follow the steps in the fact sheet and monitor carefully for levels of infestation and treat with the correct product at the correct time in the mite
life cycle.

Finally, always remember that when using any chemical control, to always follow the
label directions.