black eyed susan

Hello, I am a MFA student and research assistant at UMBC. I have an art project which I will use some flowers in this semester. I need to find at least 30 black eyed susan flowers and tulips. Actually I would like to grow them, but I do not have too much time, maybe will be difficult. I need to make them till second week of May. Could you help me where can I find black eyed susan flowers? Also do I have a chance to make an appointment to talk in person? Maybe it would be better to talk face to face because of my language prob. :) Please let me know. Thanks

Baltimore County Maryland bulbs flowers tulips black-eyed susans growing tulips and black-eyed susans for project

It would be cheaper and much easier to buy the flowers from a florist when you need them.

Plants of black-eyed Susans would not mature enough in time to flower for your project. They normally bloom in the summer.

You could buy pre-chilled tulip bulbs and get them to bloom by mid-May, but it would be difficult to be sure they would bloom and look good at exactly the right time. Plus, it would probably be more expensive to buy the bulbs than to merely buy the individual tulip flowers when you need them.

If you need tulip plants (not individual flowers), and want to grow them from bulbs, go to a knowledgeable nursery, such as Behnkes on Rt. 1 in Prince Georges County, and speak with the people there when you buy the bulbs.

We do not help clients over the phone, sorry.