preventing return of squash bugs

We had a terrible time with squarsh bugs last year. We are moving the location of this years planting, destroyed last year plants and now want to prevent the return of the bugs. I read that an insecticide before planting will help and that there are other steps to prevent the bug before they get extablished. And you give some suffestionsl

Mesa County Colorado

I would first make sure there is no debris or places for them to hide over the winter. Here is our fact sheet on them. I am unaware of any pre-plant insectide treatment and would be wary of doing unless that treatment is listed on the chemical label. http://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/insects/squash-bug-management-in-home-gardens-5-609/
I agree they are a frustrating pest. Certainly applying controls early after planting should help.

Thank you for the quick response to the question. I may have incorrectly added the part about the asking for a pre-plant iinsectide for that is not a good practice in this case. Yes moving the location this year of the plants and destroying of the old plants have already been done. I will be on the look out for them in June and will take action early. Thank you for the information.
Randuy