preventing return of squash bugs

We had a terrible time with squarsh bugs last year. We are moving the location of this years planting, destroyed last year plants and now want to prevent the return of the bugs. I read that an insecticide before planting will help and that there are other steps to prevent the bug before they get extablished. And you give some suffestionsl

Mesa County Colorado squash bugs

I would first make sure there is no debris or places for them to hide over the winter. Here is our fact sheet on them. I am unaware of any pre-plant insectide treatment and would be wary of doing unless that treatment is listed on the chemical label. http://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/insects/squash-bug-management-in-home-gardens-5-609/
I agree they are a frustrating pest. Certainly applying controls early after planting should help.

Thank you for the quick response to the question. I may have incorrectly added the part about the asking for a pre-plant iinsectide for that is not a good practice in this case. Yes moving the location this year of the plants and destroying of the old plants have already been done. I will be on the look out for them in June and will take action early. Thank you for the information.
Randuy