Grape Vines

Asked February 15, 2018, 10:40 AM EST

I am planning to rework my vineyard this spring. I am planning to plant additional vines (currently I have several concords for wine/jelly/table). I would like the variety names of a min. of two types of "seedless-table" grapes that are Minnesota hardy and were to buy them - Thank you! I will plant 6 vines (total 12 vines) Russell Schreyer 2821 17th Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55407 651-373-6253 russellschreyer@yahoo.com

Hennepin County Minnesota

Thank you for the question. Our publication "Growing grapes for home use" has very good information on growing grapes, as well as listing carefully tested varieties that grow well in your area. Mars and Somerset Seedless are listed as seedless varieties with good winter hardiness in your growing zone 4.

The Minnesota Grape Growers Association, website http://www.mngrapes.org/ has a chart listing sources for grapevines as well as detailed information on best growing practices, site preparation, and detailed variety descriptions. You will have to do your homework to see which sources carry the two varieties mentioned. Source chart pasted here: