Which trees to plant?

New to Maryland, but grew up with a family peach and apple orchard out west. Looking to plant 4-5 trees in northern Baltimore county--which varieties should I plant and where should I buy them? I've read the suggested resources on this site (very well written), but what would the experts recommend for personal use? I have a couple of acres and a nice sloping hill that faces north and needs a few trees on it. Also, we like to can our fruit and share with neighbors/community.

Baltimore County Maryland fruit fruit trees plant care selecting fruit tree varieties sources for fruit trees

There is a list of recommended varieties and sources at the bottom of this pub: https://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG69_Gett...

The first two nurseries, in PA, are particularly good and close by.
The variety list is this publication has not been updated for a number of years, so if you go to Adams or Boyer, they should be helpful with newer varieties now available and the results growers are seeing. Maryland has a challenging range of weather conditions--high humidity, droughts, in particular. Disease and pest resistant plants are crucial.