Perennial Wild Flowers

Asked February 11, 2018, 11:04 AM EST

Hello I would like to plant perennial, drought resistant flowers along my long property line. Could you recommend a perennial variety that is drought resistant? I have such a long property line that I would need seeds for planting. I get full sun in this locations. Thank you

Frederick County Maryland coreopsis rudbeckia baptisia echinacea drought resistant perennials eupatorium monard oenothera amsonia drought resistant wild flowers wildflowers and natives yarrlow amsonia tabernaemontana heliopsis helianthoisdes

We'd recommend that you use the online publication, Native Plants for Wildlife Habitat an Conservation Landscaping: Chesapeake Bay Watershed. This is a very handy pub with photos and information on each plant, including sun/shade and moisture needs. There is a section on "Herbaceous Plants" which includes perennials primarily. In the end of the publication are lists for specific growing sites. "Plants for Dry Meadows" is a great list for your purposes. We would also add yarrow, amsonia taberneamontana, baptisia and especially echinacea (purple cone flower) to that list.