Dwarf Cherry Tree

Asked February 10, 2018, 10:37 AM EST

We were looking into finding a dwarf cherry tree. Looking on line at Gurney's.com, they have a statement not available in CO, OR, WA. When I asked them why, they responded it is because the state's agricultural requirements.

Do you have any understanding of this?

Recommendation of a dwarf cherry tree? We were interested in the Juliet Dwarf Cherry.

Jefferson County Colorado trees and shrubs

Yes, Gurney's computer system will not allow any stone fruits to be delivered to CO because there is a quarantine in place for 5 counties in CO preventing the possible introduction of a virus into San Luis Valley. I tried 2 years ago to get Gurneys to ship a peach tree to me by having the Colorado department of Ag write a letter on my behalf informing Gurneys that I do not live I a quarantined County and they still would not send me the tree. My suggestion is to purchase the Juliet dwarf cherry tree from another nursery. I found a few other companies online that sell Juliet. Otherwise consider a different cherry tree. Northstar cherry is a dwarf pie cherry that might serve your needs.