Help/hope for my camellia japonica

Hello, This camellia was planted in the summer of 2016 and bloomed last spring. It looked fine all year but I have noticed recently that many of its leaves have turned brown and some have fallen off. The buds are looking a little brownish also. Is there anything I can/should be doing to turn this around? Is it likely to die at this point or might it skip blooming this spring, but be ok for next? Mostly I just need to know if there is anything I can do to help it survive.

St. Mary's County Maryland camellia winter injury shrub

This looks like winter injury or leaf burn on your camellia. There is nothing you need to do now. Affected leaves will drop in the spring and you should see new growth. You will have to wait and see if the flower buds are affected.
Water the shrub deeply during dry periods this growing season.

Make sure it goes into the winter well-watered, as the desiccation or drying out of leaves of broad-leaved evergreens or winterburn, is common.
Placing stakes around the plant and wrapping them with a winter protection like burlap can also help. You can also fill the spaces within the burlap with fallen leaves or straw for extra insulation
Here is our website on winter injury http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/winter-damage-trees-and-shrubs