We are wondering if we have white pine tree blight. We have seven other white...

Asked January 31, 2018, 11:54 AM EST

We are wondering if we have white pine tree blight. We have seven other white pine with no symptoms. These pictures were taken today, 01/31/2018. Hopefully they are good enough for you to tell. I have tried to send 4 pictures. Please let me know if you received them. Terry and Pat Smith

Licking County Ohio white pine needles turning brown

By the looks of this picture, you may be correct. White pines have certainly been taking a hit the last few years. White Pine Decline is due to environmental stresses. Bitter cold winds, soggy spring soils, extremes in temperatures, drought. Ohio has certainly seen much of these factors. I have included a link to a factsheet that will aid in determining if your tree is suffering from White Pine Decline. That link is:
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/gardens-gardening/your-garden/help-for-the-home-gardener/advi...
Other things to consider would be....has there been a root disturbance in this area? Could there be compaction at the drip line from the lawn mower?