Raw honey

After putting the jar of honey in a pan with hot water because it had crystallized it had a layer of yellow foam on top. Can this honey still be used and if so should I remove the foam? I was always taught that honey never went bad. Bought from a local bee keeper that is new to this.
I did stir the honey and this foam looking stuff came right back to the top.
Thank you

Victoria County Texas food safety

Here is what our specialist emailed me:

"Honey foam may be one of the most surprising things about the appearance of raw honey. Regardless of the raw honey’s form, runny or crystallized, it may be topped with a thin layer of froth, which will solidify in crystallized honey. If you find this honey foam in your jar, consider yourself lucky. Honey foam is delicious. It is light, flavorful, and packed with air bubbles that have trapped some of the wondrous stuff that is in raw honey: pollen, propolis, wax, and, of course, raw honey."

So I would say completely safe to eat! And you are correct, honey is one food that never goes bad.

Honey foam is delicious. It is light, flavorful, and packed with air bubbles that have trapped some of the wondrous stuff that is in raw honey: pollen, propolis, wax, and, of course, raw honey.