Unknown new occupant

So a couple years ago, I saw wasps going in and out of the side of my sliding glass doors, so at night I got as close as I could and sprayed right into the crevice that they were flying into. After that I did not see any more activity. It never occurred to me to try and see if I could remove the nest, as it is in the corner Of the house at a 90゚ angle. This past year we had a huge problem with wasps going in-and-out of our Eve and ridge vent at the top of our house. So much so that every time the exterminator sprayed one entry point they would then show up at a different entry point. Well finally winter came and I've still been hearing buzzing. Especially on the interior side of the patio doors which reminded me of that nest I sprayed. So I decided To stick my phone up there and blindly take a bunch of pictures.... And this is what resulted from those pictures. I'm also including a zoomed out picture of where this location is to give you a better idea. I feel like something else found that old nest and is now occupying it...? I can't quite tell what I'm looking at and I don't just want to start scraping it out without knowing that something else isn't just going to jump out at me. Anything you can offer would be a great help! Fyi - we also have issues with mice and snakes.... good times!

Erie County New York

Hello! When were you seeing bees/wasps flying (what month or season), and how long did they last? I suspect you may have a few different critters living here.

Sometimes honey bees will nest in wall voids, and they can be active with warmer temperatures (from outside or from your house). Yellow jacket wasps are also frequent wall void nesters, but it's less likely that they would be active (heard) in winter.

The images you sent look like mason bees have taken up residence, but they overwinter as immatures (no wings) so they wouldn't be buzzing until they emerge in spring. These would only be seen as adults until late spring, then they survive as immatures in the mud tunnels until next spring. Mason bees are solitary bees, meaning they are docile and few in number. Tell me more...