4h fair piglet guidelines

We are expecting to farrow piglets in the next week to make available to the 4h kids. What are the new guide lines, immunizations, feed etc. Thank you

Deschutes County Oregon

There are no "new" guidelines. I suggest you contact a local veterinarian to see what vaccinations are best for your region. Weights, rate of gain, expectations, etc. can be determined by looking at your local fair exhibitors handbook or contacting your local extension agent. If these pigs are for Deschutes County youth, then Karissa Dishon at 541-548-6088 or Karissa.dishon@oregonstate.edu should be able to help you. You might also check out this link for a helpful publication: https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/4-h140

Yes, I'm in town most days and am happy to meet you in the office anytime, just give me a day or two and/or block and I'll make sure I'm there... It is much easier if you just email me directly....

candi.bothum@oregonstate.edu or call/text my cell: 541-419-6350

ccb