Oregon State's Agriculture department farm

Asked January 16, 2018, 11:48 AM EST

I have been accepted into Oregon State University as a Vet Science major. I was wondering if there is a school farm and if there is farm dorms. I was also wondering if there would be a place for a sheep I have. Thank you for your time, I hope to hear nack soon! -Alexa Koontz

Lake County California animal science

I assume you mean an Animal Sciences major, with a Pre-Vet (Animal Bio-Health) option. The Department has several farms, including horse, dairy, beef, poultry, sheep, and swine. There are a few students that can live at the farms, but they are usually upperclassman rather than incoming students. You will be required to live in the regular dorms as a freshman.

At this point, there is no place to keep personal sheep at our farms. There are boarding facilities for horses.

Thank you so much for your answer! Is there anyway I could pay to have him boarded in the horse facility? He's only a yearling, I can have him tested for anything if its an issue. Oregon State is one of my top choices and finding a place for my sheep is a big factor for me. Thank you again for your time, I know this is an unusual situation.

To get a direct response, contact the sheep and horse units directly

Or send me an email directly: james.hermes@oregonstate.edu and I can forward your request to the appropriate people.

Dr. James Hermes