Animal Tracks in Snow #2 of 4

Greetings!
My name is Wanda and this is the second of 4 submissions.
The first submission includes the details of the location where these tracks were observed.

This second set of three I suspect is a bird of some sort. Outside of a possible injury I have no idea how the bird would have made tracks like this. The marks remind me of a sea turtle pulling itself along the beach sand on its way to the ocean. The indentations are regularly spaced. Feather marks are visible in some of the photos (especially next set). The tracks head for the small juniper, then go from there to the next little tree. The photo showing three little trees and a flower pot also shows a break in the tracks where it looks like the bird hopped and maybe face-planted, then tried again.

If my suspicions are incorrect please let me know and tell me why. I want to learn other identifying indicators for future use.

Third set of three coming up:

Faribault County Minnesota

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.