Animal Tracks in Snow #1 of 4

Greetings!
My name is Wanda and I'll be sending 4 submissions.

On New Year's Day 2018 Mom noticed unusual tracks in her yard. We have songbird tracks, squirrels, rabbits/hares, and occasional cat. She's had raccoons, skunks, opossums, a rare deer, even pheasant. These tracks however, we had not previously seen. She took a series of photos (16 total) though I will send only 12, 3 each in 4 submissions.

Mom lives at the edge of a small town (Wells) on roughly an acre. To her south across the railroad tracks is a residential part of town. To her east is a restaurant and a main highway. To her north across the highway is farm land. To her west is a small grassy area and a trucking business with box trailers on the ground.

She has wind breaks north and west forming a corner: honeysuckle on the outer edge, maple & ash trees middle, evergreens inner line. She has numerous perennial flower gardens (shade & sun), a small rain garden (mainly native), other full grown trees: birch, ash, and willow, plus juniper trees and open yard. On the SW corner she created a "dike" to keep excess rain waters from the grassy area out of her yard. On this she planted excess perennial wildflowers, mostly native.

We feed songbirds year round, and are certified as a wildlife habitat by NWF since we have the 4 criteria: food, water (heated in winter), shelter, nesting sites for young. Most of our birds are residential; in season we are home to some migrants.

Back to the tracks.
This first set of three I'm guessing are hare, maybe squirrel. It looks like two of the feet/paws stay together which makes me think hare. As large as they can be their fur may not disturb the snow. If I am incorrect please let me know and tell me why. I want to learn other identifying indicators for future use.

Next set of three coming up:

Faribault County Minnesota

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.