Can canning be done in an electric Instant Pot. I have seen several articles...

Can canning be done in an electric Instant Pot. I have seen several articles which say that you can, but I want to be sure..... and if so, do you have any fact sheets on doing so.

Greene County Ohio

To my knowledge no research has been done using the electric Instant Pot for canning at this time. Without research we cannot be certain that all the bacteria are killed to provide a safe product to feed your family. You don't want to take a chance on making someone ill. The Internet and other places have lots of information that is not correct or safe. The best resources to use for canning are this website http://nchfp.uga.edu/index.html supported by the USDA with research based information and these two books the Sixth Edition of "So Easy to Preserve" andUSDA Complete Guide to Home Canning, 2015 revision.” Be sure to use the latest version of these resources. The website has information as well as recommended methods, times and amounts for different foods.